IT has changed, and so must storage. Legacy storage wasn’t designed to meet the new demands and unpredictable workloads generated by today’s applications. Companies need efficient storage that saves money and delivers more usable capacity without performance trade-offs.
Designed to provide a smooth startup for HP 3PAR StoreServ 8000 environments, Ingram Micro’s 3PAR Storage Installation & Startup Service helps to ensure proper installation in your customer’s storage environment as well as integrates with your services helping to boost your business’ visibility in the installation process.
The 3PAR Installation & Startup Service provides activities required to deploy an HP 3PAR StoreServ 8000 into operation. With the assistance from the customer’s designated IT administrator, an Ingram Micro service specialist deploys the array. And for new arrays, configuration and presentation of a test virtual volume using non-production data for up to two hosts is included.
Service Planning & Coordination
Ingram Micro will plan all necessary activities including identification of prerequisites and schedule delivery of the service. A written installation plan will serve as the guide for the coordination of the installation and startup deliverables.
A service specialist will coordinate the installation including:
- Confirm appropriate operating system patch levels
- Install 3PAR hardware and upgrades
- Upgrade to latest release of 3PAR Operating System
- Initialize the array
- Assist with installation of the Management Console software
- Verify license keys are installed
- Create and present a test virtual volume
- Provide integration of up to two hosts (physical or virtual) running on a single OS
- Install and configure virtual or physical Service Processor software
- Configure appropriate supported HP remote monitoring and support solutions
Installation Verification Test (IVT)
Appropriate installation verification tests will be performed to confirm product functionality.
Ingram Micro will conduct an orientation session of up to one hour to review the product configuration information and demonstrating basic operation of the installed HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage product.
- Drive successful implementation and rapid return on investment to build “trusted adviser” relationship with customer.
- Unbiased, third-party assistance designed to achieve the best possible outcome for customer in a shorter time frame.
- Ingram Micro PMO will coordinate service activities with your team.
- Increased visibility and added margins through an expanded services portfolio.
According to data published by the latest IDC Worldwide Quarterly Disk Storage Systems Tracker (September 2015):
- HP 3PAR is in a statistical tie for the 2Q2015 #1 midrange SAN Disk Array family. From a revenue perspective HP 3PAR has 13.3% share while EMC VNX has 13%.
- IDC shows HP’s all flash array revenue (which is the 3PAR StoreServ All-Flash product) grew 551% year over year, growing 5.9 times faster than the AFA market. HP has had a 10 point year-over-year share gain.
- According to IDC, HP had 10.5% revenue market share for the Total External Disk Market during 2Q2015.
- Allows IT resources to stay focused on their core tasks and priorities.
- Reduces implementation time as well as the impact and risk to the storage environment.
- Helps ensure a successful implementation by providing installation planning and coordination. Service is delivered by a trained specialist based upon HP recommended configurations and industry best practices.
- Mentoring from onsite service specialists helps internal teams to more effectively utilize the HP 3PAR Storage System.