In today’s data driven world, knowledge is still power. A Network, Storage and Server Infrastructure ClearView™ support analysis can provide technology leaders powerful visibility into the supportability of their IT environment. It helps to determine the exact level of support received on every device that is on an OEM contract. As a result, your clients can clearly define IT hardware that require OEM support and those that are better served by independent support. The analysis helps organizations to increase awareness, reduce risk and create a proactively managed network environment which ultimately lowers operating costs while increasing their network equipment ROI.
The Network, Storage & Server ClearView Service can help your clients explore the entire IT infrastructure to ensure best-in-class, performance, reliability and cost optimization.
The ClearView analysis provides the ideal maintenance strategy for each network, storage and server hardware device based on the OEM support status such as end-of life, end-of-software-maintenance and end-of-support. The outcome is a highly strategic approach to understanding which devices require OEM support and those which qualify for an alternate support model and why. It helps to simplify the burden associated with budget analysis and transition justification.
The assessment report will define three areas of Supportability Risk:
- Hardware that is at End of Life (EOL) and/or close the End of Service Life (EOSL). It is mature and stable. Firmware/microcode is rev locked.
- Hardware is stable and mature. May be at EOSL or close to the withdrawn from marketing by OEM. Firmware/code release is not frequent and probability is low, the client may require it based on their operating environment.
- Hardware is active, currently in production and not readily available in the market. OEM continues to release frequent firmware/code updates to fix design bugs, inter-operability and compatibility issues. The product may still be under OEM warranty.
- Identify potential opportunities for maintenance
- Build “trusted advisor” relationship with customer by identifying areas for saving money
- Trusted, third-party assistance designed to achieve the best possible outcome for the client
- Increased margins through an expanded services portfolio