The global network security market is experiencing constant growth as a result of the growing virtualization of servers. While network threats have existed for decades, the time between vulnerability and exploit is shrinking. Organizations are being forced to spend more money on investigations, notifications and response when sensitive and confidential information is lost or stolen. As reported in the 2014 Cost of Data Breach Study: Global Analysis, the average cost to a company was $3.5 million US dollars and 15 percent more than what it cost last year.
Using tools like a Penetration Test Assessment can help organizations identify high-risk vulnerabilities that may be difficult or impossible to detect with scanning software to keep businesses protected from potential threats.
A Penetration Test Assessment can be used to address evaluate the effectiveness of an existing security network. Technical Architects from Ingram Micro Expert Services use a mix of manual and automated testing techniques in an attempt to gain access to information without the knowledge or permission of its owner.
The assessment can be used to evaluate the external security perimeter and to provide recommendations for strengthening the security infrastructure to reduce the possibility of an external hacker compromising their information unknowingly.
Based on results, Ingram Micro’s Expert Service professionals will partner with you to deliver a quality penetration test assessment to your customer. The report will include a summary of the results as well as actionable advice for strengthening the security defenses.
A Penetration Test Assessment includes:
- Pre-sales consultation with partner
- Defined statement of work (SOW) with established timelines
- Conduct Security Penetration Assessment
- Presentation of Network Presentation Test Assessment Report
- Increase sales of network security software and appliances
- Assessments early in the planning process builds “trusted advisor” relationship with customer
- Unbiased, third-party assistance designed to achieve the best possible outcome for the customer based on analytics
- Increased margins through an expanded services portfolio
- Fixed price services eliminates surprises and provides predictable costs
According to the Ponemon Institutes annual benchmark study on the cost of data breach incidents for companies in the U.S., the 2014 study reports:
- The cost of a data breach and the cost per lost/stolen record has increased.
- Malicious or criminal attacks rather than negligence or system glitches were the main causes of a data breach.
- Organizations that had a strong security posture or formal incident response plan in place, the average cost of a data breach was reduced.
- The probability of a material data breach over the next two years is nearly 19%.
- Intelligently manage vulnerabilities. Penetration testing provides detailed information on exploitable security threats so they can be prioritized for remediation, security patches applied and resources allocated where they are needed.
- Avoid the cost of downtime. Testing helps to avoid financial costs of remediation efforts, legal activities, lowered productivity and more by identifying and addressing risks before breaches occur.
- Meet regulatory requirements and avoid fines. Detailed reports can help organizations address some of the requirements of HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI-DSS and more.
- Preserve corporate image and customer loyalty. Penetration testing helps customer’s avoid data incidents and protect their reputation and trustworthiness.