In today’s mobile work environment, organizations are looking for mobility solutions that help them connect more closely with colleagues and customers while maintaining a secure and manageable network infrastructure. Workers are using multi-functional devices capable of hosting a broad range of applications which are often used as an extension of the traditional desktop. A reliable and secure wireless infrastructure is mission critical in nearly every market.
A Wireless Network Assessment starts well before a site survey is performed. Understanding the business need, existing environment, performance concerns and growth plans are all part of the process.
With assessments available for several leading wireless vendors, Ingram Micro’s Expert Service professionals will partner with you to deliver a quality wireless network assessment to your customer.
Using state-of-the-art technologies, our certified professionals perform passive and active surveys and evaluate electro-magnetic interference and radio frequency spectrum issues. The assessment will help you understand how user density and the explosion of BYOD on the wireless network can dramatically affect how the wireless environment should be built and supported.
A final Wireless Network Assessment Report is delivered with expert analysis of the data including recommendations for optimizing the network.
The survey results present a physical design blueprint including:
- Site map with wireless access point locations, mounting, channel plan and power settings
- Areas of wireless coverage, network connectivity and configuration information
- Quote of materials and services, if requested
Information on all active devices including tablets, smartphones and WiFi devices is included.
- Increase wireless LAN network sales through deployments of next generation wireless technology
- Assessments early in the planning process builds “trusted advisor” relationship with customer
- Unbiased, third-party assistance designed to achieve the best possible outcome for the customer based on analytics
- Increased margins through an expanded services portfolio
- Fixed price services eliminates surprises and provides predictable costs
The demand for wireless LAN is global and the adoption of technologies like cloud computing and video streaming is driving traffic even higher. At the end of 2013, there were more mobile devices than people on earth.
- Most businesses are planning to increase WiFi capacity by at least 20% in 2014.
- Speed and capacity for WLAN is extremely important — 50% of all networking devices will be mobile by 2015.
- 50% of all PCs shipped in 2014 will be tablets.
- 71% of all mobile communications flow over WiFi networks.
- By 2020, it is predicted that 24 billion devices will be connected to the internet and the vast majority will use some form of wireless for access.
- Improved wireless network coverage with optimized performance, reliability and security of the infrastructure.
- Reduced deployment costs by identifying and planning in advance for necessary infrastructure changes.
- Robust mobile access to mission-critical business applications with an end-to-end wireless design that delivers high throughput and reliability.
- Saves money through improved IT efficiency with an architectural approach that provides simplified wireless operations and management.