Companies of all sizes are rapidly incorporating public, private and hybrid cloud environments when planning their data center strategy to increase flexibility and reduce capital expense. The most critical and complex aspect of this transformation is the ability to effectively migrate data and applications without negatively impacting the business.
Cloud environments require different resources to build, configure and replicate these complex environments. Due to the variance in types of data, kinds of servers, amounts of data and applications, how your client proceeds with their migration can vary dramatically. With Ingram Micro SoftLayer Cloud Migration Service, you can ensure that your client will have a successful migration of their workloads (OS, Applications and Data) to the SoftLayer Cloud from their data center regardless of the complexity of their environment.
The SoftLayer Cloud Migration Service provides a holistic solution that your clients need to easily migrate applications and their associated data or workloads to the SoftLayer Cloud. This includes nearly any x86 server including bare metal and virtual servers using any hypervisor.
Ingram Micro will provide project management and engineering services to validate migration candidates, plan the migration, provision the target environment and migrate the workloads to the cloud. The process is completed with data synchronization and end-user testing.
The Ingram Micro SoftLayer Cloud Migration Service includes:
- Project Management including scheduling, coordinating and assisting Ingram Micro personnel assigned to the project as well as serving as the single point of contact with the Reseller’s assigned personnel.
- Migration Planning including: – Identification of the specific workloads to be migrated – Validation of a migration and cutover strategy
- Migration of the identified workloads including provisioning of the SoftLayer environment and data synchronization.
- Help clients dynamically scale virtual, physical and cloud resources across private and public environments
- Build “trusted advisor” relationship with customers by delivering worldclass cloud expertise and ensuring proper migrations
- Differentiate your business and bring more value to your current portfolio with no investment in tools, training or hardware
- Cloud is here, and it is accelerating globally — Gartner forecasts a five-year CAGR of 17.1% for the public cloud service market from 2013 through 2018 with a total market size reaching $286 billion.” Gartner: Forecast Analysis: Public Cloud Services, Worldwide, 2Q14 Update, August 11, 2014
- IBM has been named a leader in the IDC MarketScape on Cloud Professional Services. IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Cloud Professional Services 2014 Vendor Analysis, August 2014
- Businesses across the U.S. recently ranked IBM the as the number one cloud computing provider, according to an IDC survey of US market preferences for infrastructure-as-aservice (IaaS). IDC’s U.S Outsourced Cloud Services Survey, 4Q13
- Reduced migration times as well as increased convenience from automating complex manual tasks.
- Ability to monitor the health of an application, synchronizing the state and data to a SoftLayer site and failing over the application to SoftLayer in the event of a failure.
- Creates a dynamic computing environment that adapts to changing business conditions quickly and easily.