Both the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economical and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act require health organizations to comply with federal standards when handling and transmitting patient data. This applies to all healthcare providers, health plans, healthcare clearinghouses and to any service provider that manages electronic protected health information (ePHI) including organizations in the life sciences including medical devices, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. These institutions must employ procedures that protect the disclosure of personal health information while ensuring the privacy and security of information collected, processed and transferred to other organizations.
Innovations such as Electronic Health Records (EHRs), mobile devices and cloud computing have introduced risks and threats to privacy and security — with ePHI becoming a prime target for cyber criminals. Ingram Micro’s HIPAA/HITECH Service helps healthcare organizations with information to protect patient and employee privacy as well as avoid fines for non-compliance.
Ingram Micro Preferred Service providers help healthcare organizations to prevent business and technology risk. Laws are changing, fines are being imposed and misunderstanding or incomplete comprehension of the law can result in negative impact for your client. To demonstrate compliance with HIPAA and HITECH, experts will work with your client’s team to:
- Facilitate a risk assessment identifying the impact of potential risks and implemented countermeasures.
- Perform specialized IT audits that benchmark the organization against the HIPAA/HITECH requirements to identify gaps in compliance.
- Provide remediation guidance to help meet privacy and security obligations
- Create a breach notification plan to establish proper procedures and reporting requirements in the event of a data breach.
Healthcare IT security experts provide the audit, advisory and assessment services needed to achieve compliance and safeguard data against vulnerabilities.
- Help clients demonstrate compliance with HIPAA and HITECH requirements as well as keep information safe
- Build a trusted advisor relationship by providing unbiased, third-party assistance designed to achieve best possible outcome for the customer
- Increased margins through an expanded services portfolio